|

header
NOTHING BUT NASCAR HERE! My first NASCAR Cup experience was the Richmond fall race in 1999. I've been a NASCAR and Tony Stewart fan since. Here's a look at him and NASCAR through a different set of eyes. Best viewed with Spread Firefox Affiliate Button

www.diamondscents.com

Throwback Football Jerseys

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

 

The chase is working.

The chase is working. First I’d like to thank Jayski.com for tracking all the stats an anal retentive guy like me needs to be a NASCAR fan. The stats from this post can all be found there. I hate to say it, but its working. I’ve been cussing this whole chase points system since the day it was announced. There was nothing wrong with the old points system. Sure, there were run away years, but there were close ones, too. Sure it was possible for someone to win a championship without winning a race, and there still is. They didn’t fix that, and that’s what I believe got this whole chase thing started. Thanks Kenseth.
The points would be like this with 2 races left: 1. Tony: 4921 2. Biffle: 4619 (-302) 3. Johnson: 4582 (-339) 4. through 10. Mathematically eliminated
It would be one of those years where Tony would only need a “tap in par” to win it. Make it through two technical inspections, cross the starting line, and it’s ours. As a Tony fan, I’ve got mixed emotions about the whole thing. Sure, a second championship will be awesome; but I probably wouldn’t be as glued to the TV as I will for the next two races. Another funny thing is that Jeremy Mayfield would still be in 10th, and Jamie McMurray is in 11th, and so on back to 15th place. The difference; none of them have a chance to get to the head table in NYC now. I think it will be most noticeable when there’s no Jeff Gordon speech this year, first time since I can remember. The damn thing is working. They were right, and it took me almost two years to realize it.

|

<< Home
Save Money and Gas

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Back to Top