|

header
NOTHING BUT NASCAR HERE! My first NASCAR Cup experience was the Richmond fall race in 1999. I've been a NASCAR and Tony Stewart fan since. Here's a look at him and NASCAR through a different set of eyes. Best viewed with Spread Firefox Affiliate Button

www.diamondscents.com

Throwback Football Jerseys

Thursday, August 10, 2006

 

McFarland released...my 2 cents

When I became a NASCAR fan, it was because of my parents going to our local track in Manassas, VA. Old Dominion Speedway is a dump of a short track, but I’m sure it’s some of Saturday night racing’s finest. Everything you want and not one dime more from the promoter. Just like your local track, I’m sure. It was that same “Old vs. Young” that all racing has. The young guy at ODS was Mark McFarland. To see him race and win was a good night at the track. My parents were involved in his racing program. Their names appeared on his car as two of the “Trunk Bunch”, not quite sure what that meant. After the race, in true short track style, we’d go down in the pits and have a few words with some of the drivers. We'd always go by his trailer, usually to congratulate him on another come from behind victory. His release from Jr Motorsports today was kind of a surprise. Is he kicking’ butt? No. Has he got a chance at the championship? No. On the other hand…Is there that much talent to choose from out there? No. Putting Truex in the car isn’t a bad thing, but developing drivers in the Bush series one of its main purposes. I blame this firing directly on the Navy, but I blame a lot of things on the Navy. The pressure from the sponsor shouldn’t make racing decisions, and I think this one hurt the long term goals for Jr. as a team owner. I hope someone can see McFarland for his growing talent and scoops him up immediately. Someone from Joe Gibbs Racing out there? This kids got my endorsement. Blogging straight out of Word makes me look soooo much smarter than I really am. Or maybe I’m smart because I blog out of Word in the first place? Either way, spell check on the fly kicks butt! Robby Gordon sucks, almost forgot. If he’s not mathematically eliminated after this race, I’ll have to wait one more week, and that’s only because this is a road course. Question is who will he take out of the race this week?

|

<< Home
Save Money and Gas

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Back to Top