|

header
NOTHING BUT NASCAR HERE! My first NASCAR Cup experience was the Richmond fall race in 1999. I've been a NASCAR and Tony Stewart fan since. Here's a look at him and NASCAR through a different set of eyes. Best viewed with Spread Firefox Affiliate Button

www.diamondscents.com

Throwback Football Jerseys

Friday, August 18, 2006

 

My prediction based on the stats.

If Charlotte is the home town for the drivers, Michigan is the home town for the cars. There’s a lot of manufacturer pride on the line here. The winner will be the automaker whose car gets the checkered flag and appears in victory lane. So which driver is gonna win? Tony Stewart; and to think otherwise is just plain stupid. But now for some stupid figures I came up with. With the help from racing-reference.info, I did some spreadsheet crunching. Only driver participating in the race were considered. I didn’t include drivers with less than 10 starts. My numbers are my numbers. They are not to be disputed. Rude comments are encouraged. Correction of my math is not. Microsoft® Excel did the calculating, not me. Based on the fact that you can’t win unless you finish on the lead lap, I did the math to see who finishes on the lead lap the most. Matt Kenseth has the highest percentage of finishes on the lead lap with 92%. He’s got 12 starts here at Michigan, and has led 2.35% of his laps run. He’s got 1 win. Ryan Newman has finished on the lead lap 90% of the time and lead 4.7% of his laps here in 10 starts, 2 wins. No one’s in the 80 percentile, these guys own this stat category. I made it up, so you can’t refute it. But in true blog style, give it you’re best shot. Remember, I didn’t include drivers with less than 10 starts. Highest percentage of laps led goes to Jeff Gordon with 16%. He’s finished on the lead lap 77% of the time in his 15 races at this “cookie cutter”. He’s got 2 wins to show for it. Pole sitter Jeff Burton; 72% finished on the lead lap, 1.57% of his laps he’s led. I’ll bet you that stat goes up on Sunday. No wins, wouldn’t mind seeing this change, also. Tony Stewart (‘cause this is the StewartFan page); 60% lead lap finishes, 6.24% laps led, 1 win (it was in a Pontiac, June 2000, with Dale Earnhardt Sr. right behind him in 2nd) Last, and definitely least; Robby Gordon 30% finished on the lead lap, .04% lap led (probably stayed out on first pit stop to get that), and a big fat 0 wins. He’s the worst.

|

<< Home
Save Money and Gas

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Back to Top