|

header
NOTHING BUT NASCAR HERE! My first NASCAR Cup experience was the Richmond fall race in 1999. I've been a NASCAR and Tony Stewart fan since. Here's a look at him and NASCAR through a different set of eyes. Best viewed with Spread Firefox Affiliate Button

www.diamondscents.com

Throwback Football Jerseys

Saturday, October 14, 2006

 

At least the night races.

I rarely watch the Bush race, and it’s only ‘cause Tony was in this one that I bothered to turn it on this time. I’m glad that the only time his tires were off the ground this race was when they were changing his tires. He had his troubles mind you, but they didn’t involve any paint being removed from the top of his car. I think I might have to reconsider my tradition of skipping these races, at least the one run at night. Maybe it was a Friday the 13th thing, but last nights race was a mess, along with being rather fun to watch. The ending was exiting, with Casey Mears in his last race in the Texas/Havoline car. His “Spin or Win” theory ended with the first choice in the closing laps, taking out the leader and rendering them both a ways back in the field. Dave Blaney drove through the mess to take his first Busch Series win. But getting the cars lined up for this final run was a challenge that NASCAR had a hard time trying to figure out. After a race that had everyone on different tires and pit strategies, they had to red flag the race to figure out who goes where. They never did get it right. Harvick was scored in 8th place, the first car one lap down, but had to start the single file restart at the end of the line. This put the car scored in 8th place at the end of the field behind the car scored in 38th place. And that was just one of the problems, but they aren’t worth mentioning here. I’ve always liked Carl Edwards. Recently he’s gotten a bad rap for being a little vindictive. I think he got it straight with the run in with Jr.. Last night he was wrecked out of the lead again. He seems to have gone through the emotional cycle, and has returned to the respectful driver we loved when he started. I’ll admit I was not happy with some of his actions lately, and as always, I blame Jack Rousch, but after last night I’m once again a Carl Edwards fan. Kevin Harvick was so upset with his crew’s performance that he mentioned “pink slips” for Monday morning. Even after the race and clinching the Bush Series Championship, it seemed to affect him. He just wasn’t “Happy Harvick” in his makeshift victory lane. He acted more like a car owner than a driver. His habitual smile just wasn’t there. I’m happy for you, Kevin. Now go out there and make a run for the other one.

|

<< Home
Save Money and Gas

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Back to Top