|

header
NOTHING BUT NASCAR HERE! My first NASCAR Cup experience was the Richmond fall race in 1999. I've been a NASCAR and Tony Stewart fan since. Here's a look at him and NASCAR through a different set of eyes. Best viewed with Spread Firefox Affiliate Button

www.diamondscents.com

Throwback Football Jerseys

Monday, October 30, 2006

 

Who is Robby Gordon?

Am I upset with Robby Gordon? No, and I’ll tell you why. I’ve come to expect this type of behavior from him, for this is who he is. When he decided to cheat his way back onto the lead lap; that’s who he is. When he vehemently denied it on TV; that’s who he is. He looked like an eight year old who just broke mommy’s favorite vase while playing baseball in the living room. To expect anything different from him would be an exercise in futility. This type of behavior is going to continue as long as NASCAR lets him get away with it. Trapping him (like the rat he is) behind a hauler wasn’t too classy, either. I could have done without that. Am I upset? You bet, but it’s with NASCAR, and not Robby. NASCARs blind-eye approach to this issue is nothing short of spineless. It opens the door for more acts like this to infect the sport. As a governing body, they have failed in their duties. They have shown a chink in their armor that others like Robby will attack knowing that precedence has been set in their favor. They have lost a bit of my respect for their authority, along with any driver who agrees with Jeff Burton. I hope that Jeff doesn’t let this go as easy. He is considered an elder in the ranks, and should be able to rally a few in support of his cause. Pointing out Robby Gordon’s shortcomings used to be a StewartFan ritual. At the end of every post I’d show his terrible stats at whatever track was coming next week. He’s now scored another top 10. One he cheated to get, and one NASCAR let him have in spite of it.

|

<< Home
Save Money and Gas

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Back to Top