|

header
NOTHING BUT NASCAR HERE! My first NASCAR Cup experience was the Richmond fall race in 1999. I've been a NASCAR and Tony Stewart fan since. Here's a look at him and NASCAR through a different set of eyes. Best viewed with Spread Firefox Affiliate Button

www.diamondscents.com

Throwback Football Jerseys

Thursday, November 30, 2006

 

Alright! It’s time to get SERIOUS about getting SIRIUS.

After reading an article over on Frontstretch.com, I’ve decided to make the move from XM to SIRIUS satellite radio. Go read it for the details.

Sure you’d expect a NASCAR channel to broadcast the races, but they’ve sweetened the deal for theStewartFan (or anyStewartFan for that matter) by having Tony on a live show for 2 hours a week. In fact, the first installment just ended. Add to that live scanner feeds for 10 cars during the race. I’ve wanted to be able to get Tony’s scanner feed at home while watching the race, but most venues for this don’t include #20. I’d think if Tony’s doing a show for them, that they’d include him in the line up. I’m wondering how, if any, this broadcast will be edited for content. To have the race on TV with the scanner feed coming over the satellite sounds pretty cool if I can get Tony and Zippy yackin’ back and forth.

I’ll have to look at the rest of the SIRIUS lineup, as there are quite a few of XM’s channels I like. I will still get quite a few of the XM channels at home over my DirecTV. I would never consider buying it for the sole purpose of the NASCAR channel, but I'm sure they've got all the music and news I've come to love on XM. I’d like to get a portable receiver, also. That way I could go from car, to house, to work, and even to the Dover race with it. I’d been looking into the XM versions, but now that it’s time to switch, I’ll put that plan in motion right from the start. I was one of the original XM customers, and still have the first Delphi receiver they came out with. But change is good (COT?, not!), and it might be time for some of that “good”.


|

<< Home
Save Money and Gas

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Back to Top