|

header
NOTHING BUT NASCAR HERE! My first NASCAR Cup experience was the Richmond fall race in 1999. I've been a NASCAR and Tony Stewart fan since. Here's a look at him and NASCAR through a different set of eyes. Best viewed with Spread Firefox Affiliate Button

www.diamondscents.com

Throwback Football Jerseys

Sunday, February 11, 2007

 

....And just think,

...their best cars were on the hauler! I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy that just a little. Maybe it was the racing withdrawals, maybe it was Tony putting on a driving clinic for the rest of the field. Either way, it was a show. But it's a 36 race race season, and there's 36 races still to go.

Speaking of having the best cars in the Hauler, Toyota better be hidin' somethin'. Dale Jarret being a past champ gets him in regardless, but Bill Elliot was hoping he had some speed so he wouldn't need it, letting Bill use it instead. I hope for Toyota's sake, that Dale isn't the only one in the 500.

Jr. owning up to the wreck was a show of character usually reserved for an elder racer; really a class act. Someone deserving of team ownership (you here that, Robby Gordon?). But it won't do anyone any good if he didn't learn something from it. Apologies only go so far, and if made him a better racer for the experience, then apology accepted. And I think it did.

And then there's Tony. If only the Daytona 500 was a night race. I hope they have that fuel cut off problem behind them. With all the bad luck in practice, he was able to pull off the 9th quickest lap. A top 10 qualifying effort wouldn't hurt, but tony doesn't really qual that good here. He knows it's not that important in a 500 miler, but I'd like to see it. Tony didn't climb the fence last night. I hope he's saving it for the 18th.


|

<< Home
Save Money and Gas

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Back to Top