|

header
NOTHING BUT NASCAR HERE! My first NASCAR Cup experience was the Richmond fall race in 1999. I've been a NASCAR and Tony Stewart fan since. Here's a look at him and NASCAR through a different set of eyes. Best viewed with Spread Firefox Affiliate Button

www.diamondscents.com

Throwback Football Jerseys

Sunday, May 18, 2008

 

Glad that's over with

If you've read my past posts about this event, you'd know I'm not a big fan of the All Star event. I would dump it myself, but I'm sure I'm the minority on that one. I don't even give it the satisfaction of calling it a race. I'll admit, I watch it, but I would probably watch the Cup cars run anything and anywhere. I'm a NASCAR fan after all. I'm glad the Tony was racing a backup car and not something they had set up for a starter at any point. It appears that JGR had a few other agendas for the event. All three JGR cars seemed to be running an experimental engine package that, at some time during the weekend, expired. I'm not sure if they put another test package back in Tony's car to race with, but he was not doing too bad towards the end. Much like Darlington, where cautions are the rule and not the exception, a yellow towards the end would have benefited him greatly. Again, it didn't come. In an event billed as a winner take all as if they're gonna be wrecking every lap, they went pretty much caution free towards the end. Now let's get back to points racing!

|

<< Home
Save Money and Gas

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Back to Top